Thursday, October 20, 2011

Rage Comics

In Kindergarten, brightly colored educational posters lined our walls.  I remember one of them had rows of heads, each with an exaggerated expression on its face.

It looked like this.
There were the happy faces with the big smiles, the surprised faces with implied 'gasps', and so on.  I always thought these were stupid, probably because my emotions hardly deviate from neutral or angry.  I suppose God ordained this so that one day I would find a new set of faces to fit my personality.  This group of consternated expressions, known as Rage Comics, has occupied my free time (and the time I should be working) for five months now, and I think I'm in love.

Don't worry Jimmy.  You're still my number one.


What I really like about these comics is that they're a visual FML, but not as unrealistic.  Even if some are made up--and I don't doubt that truth--they're still relatable and, in my opinion, very funny.
You can find these suckers on Memebase, reddit, tumblr, and a bunch of other places.  Me?  I read them on my phone.  Because there's also a bunch of applications geared towards the viewing and even creating of Rage Comics.

If you've never seen one of these comics before, you're probably sitting there, thinking to yourself Why should I take your word on what's funny and what isn't?  Now you're probably wondering how I'm able to read your mind.  To answer your original question:  you shouldn't just take my comments alone.  Which is why I supplied the links above and the pictures below.






 Now each face expresses a different emotion, but some have specific meanings and names.  For example, the man with the pipe?  Troll Dad.  The gasping individual in the first comic is Raisins.  And one of my favorites, Forever Alone...






I don't know why that one appeals to me so much...





Stay colorful,
                     Meimei

No comments:

Post a Comment