Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pilot

I know what you're thinking. What's up with the stupid title?

I'll explain it.  I like to think I'm creative, or something close to it.  Or I'm at least random enough to pass for creative.  Anyhow, the weird, crazy, random thoughts and ideas that come from my mind don't quite meet the requirements for 'jello' (more on that later), but I do believe crayons do fit the bill.

Think about it.  Crayons are colorful, bright utensils that, while their colors are taken from real-life sources, can be used to make some pretty cool stuff.  And that's me:  just a wandering individual who isn't creative enough on her own to make something spectacular, but often surprises herself with what can be mustered up from the waxy rainbow within.

Now onto the pencils.  I'm not saying I am the shining star in the dismal night or anything so melodramatic and hipster.  I'm not that guy (hopefully).  However, we live in a world where imagination is slowly being transformed into ideal imagination, where the wrong or unpopular kind of creative is ostracized.  That leaves boring, dull grey (gray?) graphite pencils to surface repeatedly.

That leaves you and me, my probably nonexistent reader, to decide which we want to be.  I understand I haven't elaborated on my obviously genious analogy, but I hope it makes some sense. I still have math homework to do, but this blog had to be created immediately and I'm pressed for time.  (so many 'to be' verbs...again, more on that later).  As for me, I choose the childlike, rainbow of light.  If you're the type that thinks that sounds gay--which it sort of did, honestly--then choose your own wording, by all means.

Now go forth, and draw beautiful, wondrous things with the gifts Crayola gave you (metaphor, anyone?).  Live in this pencil box and inspire the poor, graphite souls; perhaps we can make room for more than sixty-four crayons?  Or whatever the number is nowadays, they keep making these castles of crayons.  It's insane.

Stay colorful,
                      Meimei

No comments:

Post a Comment