Friday, October 28, 2011

Livin' the Dream

Opulence:  I has it.  Not in the form of grand wealth or a multitude of earthly possessions, but in much simpler things.  I won't go so far as to say less is more or anything so stereotypical and boring, but I, sitting here on the computer with my Ben and Jerry's on Friday night, have come to see this sentiment to hold true.



Honestly, these moments that some--including myself--might call 'pathetic' or 'that of a loner' make me happier than a Brit with tea and crumpets.  I love the time I have to myself, where I can just write out what I'm thinking to an apathetic audience and thank God that I live a life where such moments of peace are possible.

I don't care for the several parties going on right now, because the highlight of my week isn't getting high with a bunch of dumbasses who would sooner drink themselves blind than ponder their futures (hint:  they rhyme with shworking at shMcDonalds).  And no, this isn't 'bitter me' speaking; I hate going to sober gatherings--socially awkward, you know.



So here's to the small things like ice cream, blogs, and time to contemplate the things in our lives.  To writing crap poetry because you feel like it, watching a simultaneously boring and fascinating documentary on Netflix, and reading comedic articles about life online.  Let's toast to living the dream of simple pleasures and small blessings.  Raise your glass of whatever and drink up--because, hey, you're not driving.


Stay colorful,
                     Meimei

No comments:

Post a Comment