Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lazy

I'm pretty damn lazy, I tell you what.  I have so many assignments due tomorrow, it's insane--not to mention history and math tests I need to study for to make up the bad grades I started the semester with.  And what have I done to prepare for this?  After track practice (which could be a lot better if I bothered to run in the off season) I got home, ate some french bread, put some songs on my iPod, and now I'm writing a blog.  And I'm so tired I think I'll go to sleep in fifteen minutes.  Probably sleep in a half hour, if I feel like it tomorrow.  Which I will.


I'm taking a nap.  See you guys in ten hours.


There is no end to how apathetic I can become towards school work (I also just realized that I can never use my real name because colleges cannot accept me after that statement).  I hate being told what to do if the reasoning is "because this is what the education system wants" or "you'll get into college with this" or "dry humor isn't the best marketable skill--you need to learn how to read".



This could be the Magna Carta for all I know.





I've become an unwilling student.  Yikes, I ought to change that, considering the fact it's my junior year and I've been bombed incessantly with mountains of superfluous knowledge I have to cram into my brain.

You think there's no superfluous knowledge?  Maybe you're right, but I go with the Sherlock Holmes method:


A man should keep his little brain attic stocked with all the furniture that he is likely to use, and the rest he can put away in the lumber-room of his library, where he can get it if he wants it.

No words from a fictional character have resonated with me more than these.  I abhor math (but I'm actually pretty good at it) so I won't have a career in that field.  If that's the case, why do I need to learn trigonometric functions and memorize the graphs for sine, cosine, and tangent?  But I digress.

The point is, I'm lazy, and I need to shape up. *note:  this post was finished and published two days after its genesis because the author is that lazy*


Stay colorful,
                     Meimei




No comments:

Post a Comment