Friday, January 6, 2012

Elton John

I liked Elton John as much as the next person who'd listened to him while he was active.  I like Benny and the Jets, Your Song, and I love Crocodile Rock.  The awesome piano playing and somewhat vague lyrics make for good songs.

But I listen for the man himself.

Now, much like a long-term guy/girl friend relationship, a revelation of attraction has come into play (attraction to the music--no one needs to tell me he's gay).   I've come to realize I really like Elton John's songs.  I was just listening to some of his greatest hits on iTunes, and I'm grinning like an idiot at Rocket Man--singning along, even though I've only heard the song in a movie once or twice.  And why not?  They're catchy, and in my opinion, well written pieces.  I plan on taking our relationship a little furthur by purchasing more songs for my cracked iPod.  Don't ask, I'm just too cheap to buy a new one.

If I can make out the album cover, it still works.

Stay colorful,
                     Meimei

No comments:

Post a Comment